This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What does __extension__ mean ?
- From: Michael Meissner <gcc-help at the-meissners dot org>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:18:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: What does __extension__ mean ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:40:41AM +0800, Kiran K wrote:
> Can some body enlighten me what __extenson__ mean ?
> I am aware of __asm__.
> Kiran Kumar Kasturi
Quoting from the GCC manual:
`-pedantic' and other options cause warnings for many GNU C
extensions. You can prevent such warnings within one expression by
writing `__extension__' before the expression. `__extension__' has no
effect aside from this.