add a link to another OMP task comparison
Add OpenMP 4.0rc2 link
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
| * [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/spec25.pdf|OpenMP v2.5 standard]]
* [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/spec30.pdf|OpenMP v3.0 standard]]
* [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/omp3.1-2011.0203a.pdf|OpenMP v3.1 draft standard]] ([[http://openmp.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9|forum for draft comments]])
* [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/OpenMP3.1.pdf|OpenMP v3.1 standard]] (July 2011) ([[http://openmp.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10|OpenMP 3.1 API forum]])
| * [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/spec25.pdf|OpenMP v2.5 specification]]
* [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/spec30.pdf|OpenMP v3.0 specification]]
* [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/omp3.1-2011.0203a.pdf|OpenMP v3.1 draft specification]] ([[http://openmp.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9|forum for draft comments]])
* [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/OpenMP3.1.pdf|OpenMP v3.1 specification]] (July 2011) ([[http://openmp.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10|OpenMP 3.1 API forum]])
* [[http://www.openmp.org/mp-documents/OpenMP_4.0_RC2.pdf|OpenMP v4.0rc1 specification]] (March 2013) ([[http://openmp.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=12|OpenMP 4.0 API forum]], [[http://openmp.org/wp/2013/03/openmp-40-rc2/|rc2 changes]])
|Line 38:||Line 39:|
|Note: There is a [[SummerOfCode#Summer_of_Code_2011_Accepted_GCC_Projects|GSoC 2011 project regarding task and untied tasks]]|
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
|And the 2012 slides: [[http://iwomp-2012.caspur.it/program/workshop-program|IWOMP program]], [[http://iwomp-2012.caspur.it/sites/iwomp-2012.caspur.it/files/IWOMP12_State_of_LC.pdf|Language Committee report]]|
This page contains information on GCC's implementation of the OpenMP standard and related functionality like the auto parallelizer (-ftree-parallelize-loops).
As of GCC 4.2, the compiler implements version 2.5 of the OpenMP standard and as of 4.4 it implements version 3.0 of the OpenMP standard. The OpenMP 3.1 is supported since GCC 4.7.
Documentation on libgomp (OpenMP runtime for GCC).
Test Suites and Benchmarks
OpenMP task test suite by BSC
Feel free to add new items to this list as you run into issues or features that would be interesting to add. Send mail to the list and/or the GCC OpenMP maintainers if any item in this list sounds interesting but is hard to understand.
Fix PR 35423 (missing parts of OpenMP WORKSHARE).
Fine tune the auto scheduling feature for parallel loops.
Implement untied tasks (no compliance issue; needs to be well tuned to be actually faster; cf. page 53 of pdf) - see also next item
A comparison for tasks between libgomp, another library (gcc+libKOMP) and Intel (cf. benchmark on p. 10); see also another IOMP 2012 comparison
OpenMP 4.0 -- when available. Cf. slides at the IWOMP, the International Workshop for OpenMP (slides and tutorials) in June 2010 and the OWOMP 2010 proceedings. There is also a blog entry. See also IWOMP 2012's talks and the committee report. SC2011 (November 2011): OpenMP Lang Committee Report, CEO report