Contributions after C++23 mdspan.
Tomasz Kaminski
tkaminsk@redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 13:31:18 GMT 2025
Hi,
Firstly, thank you very much for your contributions, they are really
appreciated.
Initially, mdspan was something, I was going to tackle, and your
contributions,
allowed me to work on other parts of the standard library in the meantime
(function_ref, move_only_function, copyable_function).
One option would be to continue with mdspan later mappings, but I will
understand
if you would like to take a break from the topic. I think the approach you
taken
before (sending an e-mail on this reflector that you are interested in
working
on a given topic), works great. And then we can respond if we will have
review capacity,
or some implementations already in progress.
Regard,
Tomasz
On Tue, Jun 3, 2025 at 7:21 PM Luc Grosheintz <luc.grosheintz@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear libstdc++ developers,
>
> Thanks to Tomasz thorough and very timely reviews, we're making
> steady progress towards completing the C++23 part of mdspan.
> Locally, I've "finished" both the default_accessor and mdspan.
>
> Therefore, I'd like to ask how I can be useful to you after
> the C++23 part of mdspan (including the outstanding issues we
> agreed to tackle later).
>
> I see two nice ways forward:
>
> 1. continue working on the C++26 parts of mdspan and
> mdarray.
>
> 2. you propose a set of bugs that you'd like fixed. This
> also includes telling me: "anything on the issue tracker",
> but if you want you can steer (a little) what I pick.
>
> The motivation is to prevent a situation where I start working
> on something you already know you certainly wont have capacity
> to review at this time.
>
> It's been a nice experience contributing to libstdc++.
>
> Kind regards,
> Luc
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20250604/7d03f1d9/attachment.htm>
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list