[PATCH v2] libstdc++: fix pointer type exception catch [PR105387]
Jakob Hasse
jakob.hasse@espressif.com
Wed May 11 04:19:04 GMT 2022
Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for fixing the tests and the guidance regarding the patch! I rebased the patch on top of that commit (b6b66006787b0991e94f15c7b5c56403f1eb85fb) and fixed all issues (I believe) which you pointed out. I also added the original reproducer to the test case as you suggested.
I configured as before with
../configure -prefix=/usr --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-multiarch --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-cxx-flags=-fno-rtti
and an additional configuration with -frtti instead to check nothing else breaks.
Now the test results look much clearer:
Without RTTI before applying patch:
=== libstdc++ Summary ===
# of expected passes 14560
# of unexpected failures 5
# of expected failures 95
# of unsupported tests 702
Without RTTI after applying patch:
=== libstdc++ Summary ===
# of expected passes 14562
# of unexpected failures 5
# of expected failures 95
# of unsupported tests 702
With RTTI before applying patch:
=== libstdc++ Summary ===
# of expected passes 14598
# of unexpected failures 2
# of expected failures 95
# of unsupported tests 683
With RTTI after applying patch:
=== libstdc++ Summary ===
# of expected passes 14600
# of unexpected failures 2
# of expected failures 95
# of unsupported tests 683
That looks logical to me.
I think ideally a test for the pointer-to-member case should also be added...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 0001-PATCH-libstdc-fix-pointer-type-exception-catch-no-RT.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 4793 bytes
Desc: 0001-PATCH-libstdc-fix-pointer-type-exception-catch-no-RT.patch
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20220511/18ad5641/attachment-0001.bin>
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list