Is that possible to use clang to build libstdc++ without using GCC?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 21:57:53 GMT 2021

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 22:40, sotrdg sotrdg via Libstdc++
<libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> I want to build a cross compiler for webassembly. GCC backend has not yet supported wasm. However, technically it should be possible to use clang to build libstdc++.

It should be possible, but might need some changes. We make no attempt
at portability in the libstdc++-v3/src/*/*.cc files, so they just make
use of GCC extensions without checking if they are supported (because
we know they are supported by GCC, and those files are only compiled
by GCC).