What's the status of to_chars/from_chars for floating-point types?

Evgeniy Dushistov dushistov@mail.ru
Mon Jun 22 10:54:51 GMT 2020

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 08:17:28PM +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 24/06/19 21:13 +0300, Ruslan Kabatsayev wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The C++17 functions to_chars and from_chars have been implemented for
> > integer types quite a long time. Until recently, there were no
> > implementations of their floating-point versions in major compilers.
> > Now that STL has implemented these functions completely in MSVC, I
> > wonder what their current status is in GCC.
>
> I have an implementation of from_chars for float/double/long double.

Any update for this? Even from_chars alone would be great.
There is already charconv with float/double support in msvc STL:
https://github.com/microsoft/STL/blob/04cf94886aa749b3bc4233762db517336776b1fa/stl/inc/charconv
and also ongoing efforts to include this implementation to libc++:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D70631

--
/Evgeniy