[PATCH 1/3] C++20 constexpr lib part 1/3

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Thu Aug 1 19:45:00 GMT 2019


On 01/08/19 11:47 -0400, Ed Smith-Rowland via libstdc++ wrote:
>On 8/1/19 6:56 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>On 31/07/19 10:50 -0400, Ed Smith-Rowland via libstdc++ wrote:
>>>Here is the patch for
>>>
>>>* Implement C++20 p0202 - Add constexpr Modifiers to Functions in 
>>><algorithm> and <utility> Headers.
>>>
>>>* Implement C++20 p1023 - constexpr comparison operators for std::array.
>>>
>>>Relative to the last effort it is rebased on more recent trunk and 
>>>I added to <version>.
>>>
>>>There's some chance that I'll have to tweak the macros after the 
>>>draft comes in but I'd like to get this moving.?? I've got other 
>>>chunks of constexpr lib coming.?? This passes C++20 testing 
>>>onx86_64-linux.
>>>
>>>Ok?
>>
>>Calls to the new __memmove and __memcmp functions need to be qualified
>>with std:: to prevent ADL. I think we should rename those functions,
>>but that can happen later.
>
>IMHO, these concepts are too important to leave as an implementation detail.
>
>I suspect the committee will come crawling back to specify these with 
>real names.
>
>memory_copy, memory_compare, memory_move for C++23 anyone?

trivial_copy, trivial_compare, trivial_move?



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list