[PATCH] PR libstdc++/78179 run long double tests separately

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 10:25:00 GMT 2018


On 21/09/18 02:52 +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 15:22:23 +0100
>> From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@redhat.com>
>
>> On 20/09/18 15:36 +0200, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>> >On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 23:13, Rainer Orth <ro@cebitec.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Hi Christophe,
>> >>
>> >> > I have noticed failures on hypot-long-double.cc on arm, so I suggest we add:
>> >> >
>> >> > diff --git
>> >> > a/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/26_numerics/headers/cmath/hypot-long-double.cc
>> >> > b/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/26_numerics/headers/cmath/hypot-long-double.cc
>> >> > index 8a05473..4c2e33b 100644
>> >> > --- a/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/26_numerics/headers/cmath/hypot-long-double.cc
>> >> > +++ b/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/26_numerics/headers/cmath/hypot-long-double.cc
>> >> > @@ -17,7 +17,7 @@
>> >> >
>> >> >  // { dg-options "-std=gnu++17" }
>> >> >  // { dg-do run { target c++17 } }
>> >> > -// { dg-xfail-run-if "PR 78179" { powerpc-ibm-aix* hppa-*-linux* nios2-*-* } }
>> >> > +// { dg-xfail-run-if "PR 78179" { powerpc-ibm-aix* hppa-*-linux*
>> >> > nios2-*-* arm*-*-* } }
>> >> >
>> >> >  // Run the long double tests from hypot.cc separately, because they fail on a
>> >> >  // number of targets. See PR libstdc++/78179 for details.
>> >> >
>> >> > OK?
>> >>
>> >> just a nit (and not a review): I'd prefer the target list to be sorted
>> >> alphabetically, not completely random.
>> >>
>> >
>> >Sure, I can sort the whole list, if OK on principle.
>>
>> Yes, please go ahead and commit it with the sorted list.
>
>"Me too".  Can I please, rather than piling on to a target list,
>replace the whole xfail-list with the equivalent of "target { !
>large_long_double }" (an already-existing "effective target")?

That looks like exactly what we want here, thanks.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list