Alternative to __FILE__/__LINE__
François Dumont
frs.dumont@gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:19:00 GMT 2018
   Yes, backtrace would be even better as long as I can check if I
have it. I'll look for it.
   A __FILE__/__LINE__ alternative would be simpler but I fear that at
least __LINE__ would be difficult and/or expensive to get and without it
something like a __USR_FILE__ macro would be less interesting.
Thanks for your feedback
On 04/03/2018 22:30, Petr Ovtchenkov wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 21:55:06 +0100 (CET)
> Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Mar 2018, François Dumont wrote:
>>
>>> Â Â Â Debug mode is using __FILE__/__LINE__ to show where the assertion took
>>> place. So assertion looks like this:
>>>
>>> /home/fdt/dev/gcc/build/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/debug/deque:175:
>>> Error: function requires a valid iterator range [__first, __last).
>>>
>>> Â Â Â But IMHO a smarter information would be to provide the file:line in the
>>> source code that generated this assertion so that users could more easily go
>>> to the faulty code.
>> How about printing a backtrace then? Though at some point the user might
>> want to start a debugger to get more information.
>>
> Backtrace will require BFD. BFD may be unavailable or unwanted.
>
> --
>
> - ptr
>
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list