debug container mutex association

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 11:16:00 GMT 2016


On 20/09/16 09:57 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>On 19/09/16 21:56 +0200, François Dumont wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>   Following our conversation here is a much simpler patch. I just 
>>consider that all debug containers will have the same alignment.
>>
>>   Even if I submit this patch as a whole I will commit into pieces, 
>>at least one for the pure cleanup parts and one for the debug.cc 
>>change.
>>
>>   Among those changes there is:
>>-       __gnu_cxx::__scoped_lock(this->_M_get_mutex());
>>+       __gnu_cxx::__scoped_lock __l(this->_M_get_mutex());
>>
>>   I would appreciate if you could tell me what was happening with 
>>the initial expression. I don't understand why it is compiling. I 
>>even tried the same in debug.cc and started having compilation 
>>errors.
>>
>>   * include/debug/bitset (bitset::reference::reference(const _Base_ref&,
>>   bitset*)): Remove __unused__ attribute.
>>   * include/debug/safe_base.h (_Safe_iterator_base): Make
>>   _Safe_sequence_base a friend.
>>   (_Safe_iterator_base::_M_attach): Make protected.
>>   (_Safe_iterator_base::_M_attach_single): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_iterator_base::_M_detach): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_iterator_base::_M_detach_single): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_sequence_base): Make _Safe_iterator_base a friend.
>>(_Safe_sequence_base::_Safe_sequence_base(_Safe_sequence_base&&)): New.
>>   (_Safe_sequence_base::_M_swap): Make protected.
>>   (_Safe_sequence_base::_M_attach): Make private.
>>   (_Safe_sequence_base::_M_attach_single): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_sequence_base::_M_detach): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_sequence_base::_M_detach_single): Likewise.
>>   * include/debug/safe_container.h
>>   (_Safe_container::_Safe_container(_Safe_container&&)): Make default.
>>   * include/debug/safe_iterator.h
>>   (_Safe_iterator::operator++()): Name __scoped_lock instance.
>>   * include/debug/safe_iterator.tcc: Remove trailing line.
>>   * include/debug/safe_unordered_base.h
>>   (_Safe_local_iterator_base::_M_attach): Make protected.
>>   (_Safe_local_iterator_base::_M_attach_single): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_local_iterator_base::_M_detach): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_local_iterator_base::_M_detach_single): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_unordered_container_base): Make _Safe_local_iterator_base 
>>friend.
>>   (_Safe_unordered_container_base::_M_attach_local): Make private.
>>   (_Safe_unordered_container_base::_M_attach_local_single): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_unordered_container_base::_M_detach_local): Likewise.
>>   (_Safe_unordered_container_base::_M_detach_local_single): Likewise.
>>   * src/c++11/debug.cc: Include debug/vector. Include cctype. Remove
>>   functional.
>>   (get_safe_base_mutex): Get mutex based on address lowest non nil bits.
>>   * testsuite/23_containers/vector/debug/mutex_association.cc: New.
>>
>>Tested under Linux x86_64.
>>
>>Ok to commit ?
>
>Yes, OK for trunk.  Thanks for revising it, I think this is a much
>bettter fix.

This caused a new FAIL:

FAIL: 23_containers/list/debug/invalidation/4.cc (test for excess errors)
UNRESOLVED: 23_containers/list/debug/invalidation/4.cc compilation failed to produce executable




More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list