Question about GCC Runtime Library exception and Compilation Process Eligible

Marcos Caritá marcoscarita@gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:26:00 GMT 2016


Hi,

I am working on an application and I am using gnustl_shared lib (by
adding APP_STL := gnustl_shared in Application.mk).

I already read the license exception (GCC RUNTIME LIBRARY EXCEPTION,
at https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/license.html)

I also read some questions/answers on FAQs
(https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq.html, items 2.1 to 2.4).

 On section "0. Definitions." of license exception there is the
following statement:
A Compilation Process is "Eligible" if it is done using GCC, alone or
with other GPL-compatible software, or if it is done without using any
work based on GCC. For example, using non-GPL-compatible Software to
optimize any GCC intermediate representations would not qualify as an
Eligible Compilation Process.


I am using Android Studio/Gradle to develop the application. In this
case, can I say that my compilation process is eligible?

Thanks,

Marcos



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list