Adding C++ TR29124.

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 23:30:00 GMT 2016

On 07/01/16 11:50 -0500, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
>This patch is a clean up of the patch submitted by Jonathan in stage 1.
>I am much less ambitious here than I was in previous patches.

OK. We can be more adventurous when stage 1 re-opens, so that the
improvements you and Florian want can go into GCC 7.

>I added many new test cases to the Bessel functions to look at the
>uncovered region near.
>For TR29124 I moved the hypergeometric functions to __gnu_cxx
>namespace so they are not yanked away
>from users.

Good idea.

>We don't want to give anyone an excuse to use both TR1 and TR29124 at
>the same time ;-)
>
>Hermite polynomials finally have value tests.
>I also test the std:: TR29124
>I replicated even the value tests even though currently, tr1 and
>tr29124 point to the same implementation.
>This will change as soon as stage 1 reopens.
>
>Also, with TR29124 I think we could actually deprecate the tr1 namespace.

Yes, with this patch there's nothing in std::tr1 that isn't available
in namespace std or __gnu_cxx, although for people stuck on C++03 the
TR1 implementation gives them access to some form of shared_ptr, bind,
unordered containers etc.

>This builds and tests clean on x86_64-linux.
>
>OK for stage 3?

Yes, because this was posted during stage 1 and the delay in reviewing
it is my fault.

Please go ahead and commit this, thanks for getting it ready and for
your patience waiting for the review.