[PATCH] Simplify dg-options for tests using pthreads
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely@redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 09:04:00 GMT 2016
On 23/08/16 10:45 +0200, Rainer Orth wrote:
>Hi Jonathan,
>
>> It's been several years now that Solaris supported -pthread as well as
>> -pthreads, so there's no need to have separate dg-options directives
>> for Solaris.
>>
>> This patch removes all the lines:
>>
>> // { dg-options "... -pthreads" { target *-*-solaris* } }
>>
>> And adds *-*-solaris* to the list of targets in:
>>
>> // { dg-options "... -pthread" { target ... } }
>>
>> Rainer, any objection to this change?
>
>not at all. In fact, I'd always wondered about this difference. Maybe
>it's time now to obsolete both -pthreads and -D_PTHREADS as I'd
>suggested years ago.
>
>Btw., there's one last -pthreads reference left in
>libstdc++-v3/doc/xml/manual/using.xml. Perhaps this should go, too.
Ah thanks, I'll update that.
>The next step would be to replace the explict target list with an
>effective-target keyword ;-)
Yes, I've started doing that in a local branch, so we'd use something
like:
{ dg-do run { target libstdc++-threads-supported } }
{ dg-add-options libstdc++-threads-flags }
Where that would only run the test where supported, and would add
-pthread if the target needs it.
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list