[patch] Enable lightweight checks with _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS.

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Mon Sep 7 19:59:00 GMT 2015


On 07/09/15 21:31 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>* Jonathan Wakely:
>
>> This patch adds the "debug mode lite" we've been talking about, by
>> changing __glibcxx_assert to be activated by _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
>> instead of _GLIBCXX_DEBUG (and making the latter imply the former).
>
>Interesting.  Is this mode ABI-compatible with the default mode?

Yes, that's the main reason I want to make this change.

>Should _FORTIFY_SOURCE imply _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS?

Yes, I think it should.

You can read my notes on these "debug mode lite" checks at
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/LibstdcxxDebugMode (including "This should be
discussed with Glibc and security teams" and I specifically had you in
mind when I wrote that :-)

Your thoughts would be much appreciated, especially regarding
_FORTIFY_SOURCE and which kind of new checks you think would be
appropriate to add.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list