[patch] libstdc++/66017 Avoid bad casts and fix alignment of _Rb_tree_node<long long>::_M_storage

François Dumont frs.dumont@gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:57:00 GMT 2015

On 26/05/2015 21:27, Marc Glisse wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2015, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>
>> It's a shame to waste some space in the other types using
>> __aligned_buffer, and to have to maintain both __aligned_buffer and
>> __aligned_buffer_mem, but I think this is safer.
>
> Is there an official list somewhere of bad designs that need to be
> changed as soon as people can be convinced to break the ABI? I am
> still hoping that will eventually happen...

     We had a svn branch libstdcxx_so_7-2-branch for this purpose. It
didn't had a lot of success but that is the cleanest way I can think of
to keep track of all ABI breaking changes.

François