TR1 Special Math

Ed Smith-Rowland 3dw4rd@verizon.net
Fri May 8 14:06:00 GMT 2015

On 05/07/2015 12:06 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> The C++ committee is considering the
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2015/n4437.pdf
> proposal to make C++17 include the contents of ISO 29124:2010 (the
> special math functions from TR1 that went into a separate standard,
> not into C++11).
>
> What is the status of our TR1 implementation? Is it complete? Good
> enough quality to move out of the tr1 sub-dir?
>
> Even if N4437 isn't accepted for C++17 we could move things around to
> turn the TR1 code into an iso29124 implementation, do you think that
> would make sense?

That would make absolute sense.
I actually have a tree where I've done that.
All the functions are in there (29124 removed the hypergeometric
functions.  I'd like to keep those as extensions.
I have some bugfixes also.

I have a better version of the Carlson elliptic functions (which are
used in the 29124 elliptic functions).

Ed