[v3 PATCH] PR libstdc++/68276
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely@redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 14:47:00 GMT 2015
On 17/12/15 00:38 +0200, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
>On 17 December 2015 at 00:12, Ville Voutilainen
><ville.voutilainen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tested on Linux-PPC64.
>>
>> 2015-12-17 Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen@gmail.com>
>>
>> PR libstdc++/68276
>>
>> * src/c++11/ios.cc (_M_grow_words): Use nothrow new.
>> * testsuite/27_io/ios_base/storage/11584.cc: Adjust.
>
>Shock horror, inconsistent indentation introduced by the patch. Fixed by the
>attached patch.
:-)
It only occurs to me now (rather than when I first suggested this
change) that it changes behaviour for users who have replaced operator
new, but not replaced the nothrow_t version.
But I can't believe that anyone would replace operator new *just* to
alter the behaviour of std::ios pword/iword allocation, and the
precise form of allocation used is unspecified, so I don't think
anyone can reasonably be hurt by this change (and it's good for
people who want to build the library with -fno-exceptions).
OK for trunk, thanks.
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list