[patch] Improve generated libstdc++ API docs

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 12:54:00 GMT 2015


On 11/12/15 12:47 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>    	* doc/doxygen/user.cfg.in: Use EXTENSION_MAPPING tag. Add new headers
>    	to INPUT. Remove obsolete XML_SCHEMA and XML_DTD tags. Update
>    	PREDEFINED macros. Set BRIEF_MEMBER_DESC for man-pages.

Oops, that changelog is not quite right, I dropped the
BRIEF_MEMBER_DESC part on the branch. I set that variable for man
pages on trunk so that we get:

NAME
       std::forward_list< _Tp, _Alloc > - A standard container with linear time access to elements, and fixed time insertion/deletion at any point in the sequence.

rather than:

NAME
       std::forward_list< _Tp, _Alloc > -

But it also adds the brief descriptions to every member function:

   Public Member Functions
       forward_list () noexcept(is_nothrow_default_constructible< _Node_alloc_type >::value)
           Creates a forward_list with no elements.
       forward_list (const _Alloc &__al) noexcept
           Creates a forward_list with no elements.


We want it on the NAME, but I don't think it's good on every member
(so might revert that bit on trunk). I think Doxygen's behaviour is
wrong here, see https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=759275



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list