Bikeshed discussion on name of library file for Filesystem TS
Tim Shen
timshen@google.com
Wed Sep 24 21:43:00 GMT 2014
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to commit <experimental/filesystem> soon, and as previously
> explained, all the new code is in a separate archive, not in
> libstdc++.so.
>
> I think I called that archive libstdc++fs.a but it might be a good
> idea to discuss better names.
>
> * Should the name have libstdc++ or GNU in it somewhere, to
> distinguish our library from another implementation's? Or would it be
> better if different implementations used the same name, so users'
> makefiles are simpler?
>
> * Should the archive name indicate the TS contents are "experimental"
> (as the namespace and include path already do)?
>
> Some options include:
>
> libstdc++file.a
> libc++file.a
> libg++file.a
> libstdexpfile.a
> libexpfile.a
> libfilec++.a
libc++file.a may not be a good name, since libc++ is a different thing :)
--
Regards,
Tim Shen
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list