Profile mode maintenance patch

François Dumont frs.dumont@gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:54:00 GMT 2014


On 23/09/2014 13:27, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>
> Yes, OK for trunk - thanks very much.
>
Hi

     There was in fact one last test failing, ext/profile/mh.cc, a 
profile mode specific test. It must have been failing for quite a while 
since malloc hooks has been deprecated. It is normally testing the 
profile mode protection against recursion if memory allocation functions 
are redefined. It was based on malloc but we use in fact new operator. 
So I rewrite the test using new/delete operators.

     This new test version is attached, I removed those 2 lines at the 
beginning:

// { dg-do compile { target *-*-linux* *-*-gnu* } }
// { dg-xfail-if "" { uclibc } { "*" } { "" } }

     I think that this test can now be executed and see no reason why it 
should fail with uclibc. Do you confirm ?

     I attached the full patch again. I also remove useless virtual 
destructor or methods, no need for polymorphism.

François

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: profile.patch.bz2
Type: application/x-bzip
Size: 17339 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20141004/2181ee5e/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: mh.cc
Type: text/x-c++src
Size: 1355 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20141004/2181ee5e/attachment-0001.bin>


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list