[Bug libstdc++/61107] stl_algo.h: std::__inplace_stable_partition() doesn't process the whole data range

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 22:20:00 GMT 2014


On 10/11/14 23:14 +0100, François Dumont wrote:
>    I introduced the random tests after Christopher Jefferson request 
>to have more intensive tests on those algos. Is it the whole stuff of 
>tests using random numbers that you don't like or just the usage of 
>mt19937 ?

The use of random number in general.

>If second is this new version using the usual random_device 
>I used so far better ?

That would be much worse because failures would not be reproducible!

>If it is the whole usage of random numbers that you don't like I will 
>simply get rid of the new tests files.

Did the new tests fail before your fix to stl_algo.h?

If yes, you could extract the values generated in the case that fails
and add a test using those values (this is what I should have done for
the leaking set tests)

If no, they aren't really testing anything useful.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list