[patch ping] libstdc++ testsuite cxxflags

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Tue May 20 09:11:00 GMT 2014

On 19/05/14 14:57 -0600, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
>On 05/17/2014 04:07 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

>>>Libstdc++ patches need to go to the libstdc++ list, which this did, in
>>>a separate mail that broke the threading:
>>>https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2013-10/msg00224.html
>>>Then archives's inability to thread betweem months broke it again:
>>>https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2013-11/msg00113.html
>>>
>>>I approved it then withdrew that approval:
>>>https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2013-11/msg00120.html
>>>then the patch got revised:
>>>https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2013-11/msg00122.html
>>>
>>>I'll have to refresh my memory about it.
>
>Whoops, I totally missed that there was already a separate thread on
>the libstdc++ mailing list only.  My bad.  :-(
>
>>I think I'm happiest with the second version of the patch, in
>>https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2013-11/msg00114.html
>>
>>It does mean a change that might affect people using CXXFLAGS when
>>running the tests, so we might want to update
>>https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/test.html where it says
>>"Or, just run the testsuites with CXXFLAGS set to -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG or
>>-D_GLIBCXX_PARALLEL."
>
>I came up with the attached patch for the wording change.  I'm having
>trouble regenerating the HTML version of the manual, though; it looks
>like I have a different version of the DocBook stylesheets around that
>are introducing lots of extraneous changes, and I'm not sure what the
>"right" version is.  :-S  Any suggestions?

You always get hundreds of changes, DocBook generates unique numeric
id attributes, which are different every run. Don't worr yabout the
docs, I can sort them out. If you and Cesar are happy with the patch
in https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2013-11/msg00114.html then please
go ahead and commit that version, thanks.