__float128 typeinfo

Marc Glisse marc.glisse@inria.fr
Fri Jun 6 15:41:00 GMT 2014


On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> here is a new try on adding __float128 typeinfo to libsupc++. The front-end
>> part is based on the discussion with Jason yesterday. The libstdc++ part is
>> copied from:
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2014-04/msg00077.html
>> (which wasn't reviewed), but I changed the testsuite.
>>
>> Michael will likely need to make some adjustments to his __float128 patch,
>> but I believe it will only be a small configure tweak.
>>
>> Ramana, does it look safe for ARM? By the way, do you want to remove the
>> XFmode defined in arm-modes.def and apparently unused?
>
> Thanks for this though I know Tejas is actually trying to fix AArch64
> first and then we'll move on to ARM for cleaning up all these types -
> as you realize it's quite a chunky project.

Nice to know. I am a bit afraid it might be hard without breaking ABI 
compatibility at least a little. Good luck anyway.

> A patch to remove XFmode is pre-approved.

Even for such a trivial patch, it would be good to do at least a build to 
check nothing breaks, but I don't have an easy way to do that (debian 
multiarch cross-builds don't work out of the box), it would be better if 
one of the people working on ARM could handle it.

> I'll try and have a look at this patch later today or over the weekend
> to see if it doesn't affect ARM / AArch64.

Thanks!

-- 
Marc Glisse



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list