[libstdc++-v3] PR 59529, 59530, 59531 Was(Re: Implement N3762 string_view: a non-owning reference to a string.)

Peter A. Bigot pab@pabigot.com
Fri Jan 24 13:06:00 GMT 2014

On 12/23/2013 06:08 AM, Peter A. Bigot wrote:
> On 12/23/2013 03:54 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> If Peter means to contribute more, he definitely needs a Copyright
>> assignment, and, as we all know, had better starting the process as soon
>> as possible, it may take time.
>
> FSF has assignments from me dated 22 April 2012 for GCC, Binutils, and
> GDB.  They may be hung up because they were originally submitted to
> cover patches for MSP430 target support, but TI won't provide an
> acceptable copyright release covering the changes they funded so that
> work will never be submitted.  Presumably the assignment is still good
> for other work like this, though.  I've asked the copyright clerk to
> verify that.

If there's any delay in applying the string_view patches because of this
question: FSF executed my assignments for GCC, Binutils, and GDB on 03
January 2014.

Peter