experimental testsuite patch

François Dumont frs.dumont@gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:56:00 GMT 2014

Hi

     Here is a patch to partially fix 2 string_view tests. It looks like
we can't use 2 dg-options into the same source, one override the over,
the dg-options directives have been merged into 1. I also update a
script to make the experimental folder part of the folders to look for
tests. I don't know if it was intentionally omitted because of the
experimental aspect of what is tested, if so just tell me I won't apply
this part.

     Remaining failures in string_view tests in debug mode are all
coming from this kind of code:

       constexpr const _CharT&
       operator[](size_type __pos) const
       {
     _GLIBCXX_DEBUG_ASSERT(__pos <= this->_M_len);
     return *(this->_M_str + __pos);
       }

     In debug mode the _GLIBCXX_DEBUG_ASSERT is activated and the
operator cannot be a constexpr anymore.  Maybe Ed can tell what should
be done, remove the assertion or remove the constexpr (maybe only in
debug mode ?) ?

2014-01-15  François Dumont <fdumont@gcc.gnu.org>

     * scripts/create_testsuite_files: Add testsuite/experimental in
     the list of folders to introspect for tests.
     * testsuite/experimental/string_view/element_access/wchar_t/2.cc:
     Merge dg-options directives into one.
     * testsuite/experimental/string_view/element_access/char/2.cc:
     Likewise. Remove invalid experimental namespace scope on
     string_view_type.

Tested under Linux x86_64 normal and debug modes.

François