Regex instantiation

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Thu Jan 9 17:31:00 GMT 2014

Hi,

> On 09/gen/2014, at 18:22, Tim Shen <timshen91@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
>> Build two .so, with and without and subtract the sizes? But maybe I don't get your question.
>
> That's about my original question of this mail, that is, are there
> documented steps to export a symbol to .so?

I don't think libstdc++v3 is special about this, thus in the various .cc files there is nothing special, you can only find instantation files for templates, which end with -inst, normally, and definitions for everything else. Besides that, but this doesn't matter if you are interested in *sizes*, you also have to update the patterns in the linker script, to make sure that the new symbols are actually visible.

Paolo