[WIP][RFC][patch] xlocale support for libstdc++

Gerald Pfeifer gerald@pfeifer.com
Sat Jan 4 10:18:00 GMT 2014

"Václav Zeman" <vhaisman@gmail.com> wrote:
>Initially, I have set out to implement better locale support in
>libstdc++ for non-Glibc systems like FreeBSD, that support POSIX 2008
>locale facilities. Unfortunately, it has turned out that I need
>localeconv_l(), which is only available as an extension, so I have
>renamed my work to xlocale support.
>
>This is work in progress. The patch compiles for me but it is
>untested. It will need some testing, I intend to test on FreeBSD 9.2.
>It should work on MacOS X as well, theoretically.
>
>The implementation is based on the GNU locale implementation files.
>
>I would like to ask if something like this would be acceptable, once
>it is done. In that case, I would like to ask for necessary license
>assignment paperwork.

The libstdc++ maintainers will need to advise on the implementation, but in general I think so. And in any case getting paperwork is a good idea.

My connectivity is pretty hampered right now, but I hope one of the other GCC maintainers is going to provide you a link.

Gerald