Portability of libstdc++ implementation to other compilers.

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 22:41:00 GMT 2014

On 13/08/14 14:35 -0500, Matthew Markland wrote:
>I apologize for what may be a naive question. From examination it
>appears that the libstdc++ implementation makes use of many gcc
>extensions thereby limiting the portability of it to other compilers
>that don't support said extensions. Is this a fair statement in your
>eyes as the developers and maintainers?

Yes.

But at least Clang and Intel's compiler (and maybe other EDG-based
compilers) support enough of those gcc extensions to be able to use
the libstdc++ headers.

If you wanted to use it with some other compiler it would need to
support those extensions too.