[Patch] Change default executor to DFS in regex
Tim Shen
timshen91@gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 17:51:00 GMT 2013
On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
> About the < 2, in general hardcoding a parameter value in the code isn't a
> nice idea. Why don't we take it out to a macro, say
> _GLIBCXX_REGEX_NFA_QUANTIFIERS_LIMIT? In stl_deque.h we have something
> similar and in the present case it would be even safe from the ABI point of
> view, if I'm not mistaken.
I here use a const static local variable to hide it from other parts.
> Finally, you mentioned the DFA optimization: I would like to see some
> details about it. Would it be a big win in all cases? Before we freeze the
> next ABI we should keep open all the possibilities...
It'll be great help to implement partial DFA compilation for all
cases, though DFA cannot handle back-references neither. I need more
time to investigate.
Thanks!
--
Tim Shen
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: a.patch
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 11190 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20131019/e7949bc4/attachment.obj>
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list