3 libstdc++ tests fail at random

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Sat Dec 7 16:43:00 GMT 2013

On 12/07/2013 04:48 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been seeing 3 libstdc++ tests:
>
> FAIL: 17_intro/headers/c++200x/stdc+
> +.cc (test for excess errors)
> FAIL: 17_intro/headers/c++200x/stdc++_multiple_inclusion.cc (test for
> excess errors)
> FAIL: 30_threads/async/async.cc execution test
>
> fail/pass at random on a fast machine.  Is this expected?
Yes, do you like it? ;) Seriously, it's the first time I see this, maybe
because my machines aren't so fast, but I don't see what the performance
of the machine may have to do with the first two. Or are you only seeing
it with highly parallel make checks? Thus does it have something to do
with Jakub's recent tweaks? In any case, please provide more information
and send all the messages having to do with the library to the library
mailing list too. Jon may want to investigate the
30_threads/async/async.cc fail: I understand it happens only with -m32,
right?

Thanks,