[Patch 2/2] Localization problem in regex

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca
Fri Aug 23 16:36:00 GMT 2013

On 08/23/2013 11:48 AM, Tim Shen wrote:

> Why don't we `svn blame`?
>
> By the way, do we seariously need to keep ChangeLog in files? Is it
> more like a tradition than a solution? After all, we have SVN or Git
> now. I remember a mail metioned this but cannot find it >.<

The ChangeLog is shipped with the source tarballs, where source control is neither accessible nor relevant.  Many
packagers of software like GCC (for example, GNU/Linux distributions) include the ChangeLog file with binaries as well,
so that end user can know what changes have occurred since their last upgrade.

It's possible to automatically generate the ChangeLog into the correct format at source release time, but the
automatically-generated ChangeLogs I've seen are pretty much unreadable and convey less information.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca>