Fix std::pair std::is_copy_assignable behavior

François Dumont frs.dumont@gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 19:43:00 GMT 2013

On 04/17/2013 09:18 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> On 4/17/13 8:10 PM, François Dumont wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>     Here is an other proposal to fix
>> std::is_copy_assignable<std::pair<>>.
> Sorry, I'm still missing something very, very basic: which behavior is
> conforming, the current one or what we would get instead? If the
> former, is there a DR arguing for the latter?
>
> Paolo.

     The behavior I am targeting is
std::is_copy_asignable<std::pair<const int, int>> to be std::false_type
for instance. I have added test for many other use cases. More generally
I need that when std::is_copy_assignable<T> is std::true_type then
writing a = b, with a and b being T, does compile.

     Otherwise this patch just make std::pair match the Standard
requirements like at 20.3.2.17. Do you want me to add a bug report in
Bugzilla first ?

François