[C++ PATCH] Add overflow checking to __cxa_vec_new[23]

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Mon Sep 17 10:15:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 09/17/2012 11:51 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 08/21/2012 12:37 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> I don't think there are any callers out there, but let's fix this for
>> completeness.
>>
>> A compiler emitting code to call this function would still have to
>> perform overflow checks for the new T[n][m] case, so this interface is
>> not as helpful as it looks at first glance.
>>
>> Tested on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu.
>
> Ping?
>
> This function is apparently used by compilers based on the EDG
> front-end, so it's not actually dead.
Being code that touches the library, the patch should go to the
libstdc++ maliling list too. Likewise the testcase, should be in the
libstdc++ testsuite, I guess.

That said, I didn't really follow the details of your recent work. Who
did? Jason? I would gently ping the same maintainer.

Thanks!