std::decimal status

Jess Morecroft jess@aecapital.com.au
Thu Oct 25 23:17:00 GMT 2012

Hi all,

We are wondering if there is any plan in the works to complete Janis
Johnson's libstdc++ implementation of the Decimal TR (ISO/IEC DTR 24733)
aka std::decimal? It looks like what's there is very nearly complete,
however the absence of string I/O and quantize methods (to implement
simple rounding) are deal-breakers for us. We are instead using the
Intel decimal FP library wrapped in a std::decimal conforming interface,
but would much prefer to transition to a "native" implementation at some
point.

Thanks & Regards,
Jess