Disable SSE in libstdc++

Akanksha Jain akanksha@cs.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 9 23:12:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

I would like to disable all SSE3/4 versions of functions in libstdc++.
I am doing some experiments with a micro-architectural simulator which
does not have support for SSE3 and 4. In order for my simulator to
execute the program, the executable should be devoid of any SSE3/4
instructions.  My understanding is that the functions are chosen in
the library based on the CPUID. Is there a way I can disable SSE3/4 or
pass a non-native CPUID without recompiling the library? If I have to
recompile libstdc++, what configure options would make non-SSE
variants of functions?

Thanks in advance!

--
Thanks,