RFC - Remove support for PCH post 4.8

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:14:00 GMT 2012

On 28 November 2012 09:03, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 28 November 2012 07:36, Xinliang David Li wrote:
>> What you described is the 'transitional model' right? but I don't see
>> any of those in the C++ standard working paper:
>> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3347.pdf
>
> It's far too early for anything to have been voted into the working
> paper, that doesn't change the fact there's a WG21 study group,
> chaired by Doug, working on modules. See
> http://isocpp.org/std/the-committee

Oh sorry, I didn't follow the link to realise that's Vandevoorde's
most recent proposal. When you said "working paper" I thought you
meant the current C++ draft, which is what people usually mean by "the
C++ standard working paper".  N3347 is just a proposal, it's not part
of the standard and hasn't been approved or agreed on as being "the
current state of modules".  There are often competing or alternative
proposals during development of a feature.