[PING^2] [C++ PATCH] Add overflow checking to __cxa_vec_new[23]

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 12:09:00 GMT 2012


On 10/30/2012 05:30 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 10/30/2012 05:17 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I don't know the code well enough to review your patch, but
>> since I'm in CC, I still don't understand why, instead of adding a
>> full libstdc++ testcase you are extending a C++ testcase, in old-deja
>> even, normally considered legacy.
>
> AFAIK, this is the only place we have such a test.  I suppose I could it
> put it into testsuite/18_support, but I would have to duplicate a bit of
> the machinery of the original test case because I can't just write a
> class and take the address of its constructor and destructor (whose
> addresses are passed to the tested functions).  I really didn't want to
> do that because there are some platform dependencies (the __ARM_EABI__
> #ifdef).

I looked at this again and made a new copy of the test case instead.  It 
has been successfully tested on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu.

Is this okay for trunk?

-- 
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: cxa_vec.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 3529 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20121102/0131f837/attachment.bin>


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list