[Mingw-users] Fwd: [Mingw-w64-public] Thoughts on supporting the C++11 thread library on Windows

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Wed May 9 19:33:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Ruben Van Boxem
<vanboxem.ruben@gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, a new threading model is great, but essentially unusable on
> Windows XP. Which today might be a problem for people distributing binaries.
> They'll have to build two versions (as I've said before) and confuse their
> users even more than the usual 32-bit/64-bit drama people still experience.

MS announced end of XP support in less than 2 years...
We are going to have this model through at least 2017 :-)

-- Gaby