Remove obsolete Tru64 UNIX V5.1B support

Rainer Orth ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Wed Mar 7 14:36:00 GMT 2012

David Daney <david.daney@cavium.com> writes:

>>> I'd have expected regeneration to use GCJ built to use ECJ, though I don't
>>> know.
>>
>> I've never tried this.  Given that the .class file lives below
>> libjava/classpath and has to be synced with upstream Classpath anyway, I
>> hope the Java maintainers will take care of that.
>>

> This it documented (although perhaps badly) in install/configure.html
>
> You should use --enable-java-maintainer-mode, this will cause the build to
> use ecj and gjavah to regenerate all the generated files in the 'standard'
> manner.

Ok, I'll try it when incorporating review comments and testing the
result.  ecj-4.5.jar is still the right file to use?  The
contrib/download_ecj script mentioned in HACKING doesn't exist any longer.

>> At least with the javac-built File.class I had no libjava testsuite
>> failures.
>>

> It probably results in a usable .class file, but is error prone and not
> very reproducible.

No doubt about that: it took me several iterations to get the right
invocation.

	Rainer