_FORTIFY_SOURCE for std::vector

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Fri Jun 1 13:54:00 GMT 2012


Hi,

On 06/01/2012 03:49 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 03:39:12PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> On 06/01/2012 03:34 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>>> The standard -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE failure is __chk_fail (), so IMNSHO
>>> if this is presented as _FORTIFY_SOURCE check, it should call that
>>> and not some other function.
>> I understand. I don't know much about -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE, honestly. I
>> hope the diagnostics provided by __chk_fail is good enough. And
>> well, then we really do have to explain in a comment where
>> __chk_fail is coming from ;)
> The default error output is like:
I understand it's some sort of "standard" thus certainly I'm not going 
to insist, but I would like to see more clearly displayed the line 
number of the library assertion failing, see what I mean?

Thanks,
Paolo.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list