Dealing with C++98/11 ABI incompatibilities

Jason Merrill jason@redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 21:01:00 GMT 2012

On 07/03/2012 04:02 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Just wanted to mention / record the case of std::time_get which has an
> additional virtual function (do_get) in C++11. I don't think it affects
> in important ways the points you are making.

As long as the new virtual function is at the end, it would only affect
classes that derive from std::time_get in a multiple inheritance
context.  But to be safe we could bump the time_get ABI as well as the
others.

Jason