Should _GLIBCXX_DEBUG affect tr1/array?

Edward Rosten ed@edwardrosten.com
Wed Jan 18 17:34:00 GMT 2012


On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:

> I had a look, and besides the rather simple formatting, stylistic, etc,
> things, and of course the Copyright assignment issues,

Well, it's only a provisional patch :)

> my take on the issue
> is that we should leave tr1 alone

Well, it's going to be a while before C++11 is fully accepted and I
(and I suspect others) already have plenty of code which uses
tr1::array. In fact the bug which I had trouble finding was an index
out of bounds in a tr1::array.

> and handle the debug-mode std::array like
> all the other debug-mode containers, thus separate namespace, etc... At
> least, I would do that.

I think that would be necessary if/when someone gets around to
implementing checked iterators. In the mean time, it seemed to involve
a lot less code to do it this way.

-Ed



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list