[v3] Add missing forward_list<>::splice_after and merge overloads fix splice_after taking a range

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:29:00 GMT 2012

On 16 April 2012 20:38, François Dumont wrote:
> A comment in debug/list says:
>
>    // We used to perform the splice_alloc check:  not anymore, redundant
>    // after implementing the relevant bits of N1599.

Yes, I just found that same comment 20 minutes ago!

> The normal list implementation already throw a runtime_error exception when
> allocators are not equal. Maybe we should do the same thing for
> forward_list, no ?

The main reason for forward_list to exist is for maximum efficiency,
for people who don't want the small extra overhead of std::list, so I
think we should avoid a runtime check in non-debug mode.  I'm willing
to be convinced otherwise if people feel strongly.

I have a patch to add the checks to <debug/forward_list>