"big" integer constants

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Sat Oct 29 01:45:00 GMT 2011

Hi,
> In libstdc++-v3/include/tr1/hypergeometric.tcc and others, I see code like this:
>
>        const unsigned int __max_iter = 100000;
>
> This just doesn't work on a 16 bit target.  Can we use something else?
> Perhaps 65535U ?
To be honest, I suspect much more than this doesn't work on 16 bit
targets, but sure in principle we can change that. Let's ask Ed if he is
willing to spend again time on this old work of him... (imho, all those
hard coded iteration numbers don't really look right in the first place,
just imho)

Thanks,