[v3] libstdc++/47145

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 17:31:00 GMT 2011

> > For convenience, this patch steps around the STYLESHEET_FLAG
> > question by just punting to the net for validation only.
>
> But it still uses --nonet in that step, right? So it doesn't use the
> network at all, the mapping from the canonical stylesheet URL to a
> local file is done by the system's XML catalog, /etc/xml/catalog on my
> Fedora box.

No, for validation only I took out --nonet. Meaning, 'make
doc-validate-docbook' searches for a schema on the net and validates
against that, not a local thing. It takes longer now to validate, but I
don't think it is onerous.

At least, that was my intent. Double check my work please.

Ideally we could move to RelaxNG anyway, at some point. uBut we will
probably have to do something similar about finding the canonical thing,
regardless of the specific schema used to validate.

> I thought we could do the same for the actual transformation rules
> too, using the canonical URL with --nonet and letting the system map
> it to a local file, and failing if the file is not present, because
> --nonet prevents it fetching a remote stylesheet.

I couldn't figure out how to make that work. I tried setting
XSL_STYLE_DIR to the docbook 5 URL but.... no dice. I'm not quite sure
what the problem is.

> I suspect this is fine for the majority of people now and good enough
> for 4.6

Yeah, me too.

It seems to be the way we need to go, at the very least. Baby steps.
Let's see if this at least unifies the linux users.

-benjamin