branch creation

François Dumont francois.cppdevs@free.fr
Tue Jan 11 20:51:00 GMT 2011

Hello guys

     I would like to create a branch to work on the libstdc++ design
modifications proposed some months ago to implement the algos debug
mode. To summarize I would like to implement algo debug the same way as
the container debug mode is implemented. The advantage will be a better
control of the debug algos, we will avoid usage of debug algo in debug
containers or other debug algos, and also a better seggregation between
normal and debug code.

     This modification will impact library ABI so challenge this idear
in a branch first. Is there a doc explaining the branch creation process
? Should I ask the permission somewhere ? Are we suppose to synchronize
branch with trunk regularly ?

Regards