locale messages gnu patch 13631

François Dumont francois.cppdevs@free.fr
Wed Jan 5 21:09:00 GMT 2011

On 01/03/2011 09:40 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 3 January 2011 20:24, Jonathan Wakely<jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 3 January 2011 20:20, François Dumont wrote:
>>
>>>     So, anyone can run the test for me ?
>>>
>> Sure, I'll try it now.
>>

> a.out: 4.cc:56: void test01(): Assertion `s01 == "secondes"' failed.
>
> I only have the English catalog for okular
>
> $ locate okular.mo
> /usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/okular.mo
>
> $ locate '*fr*pulseaudio.mo'
> /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/pulseaudio.mo

This is a good first result, we already see that the 2 catalogs have
different ids. Could you change the test to target a catalog you have a
use an existing entry in this catalog.

If you don't have time here is a modified version of the test that will
show if at least access to the french catalog of pulse audio is working.

If it works do you agree to commit the patch ?

Regards