[v3] Handle different versions of Solaris 8 <iso/math_iso.h>, <iso/stdlib_iso.h>
Paolo Carlini
paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Mon Aug 29 13:31:00 GMT 2011
Hi,
> Hi Paolo,
>
>>> I guess the patch is ok now?
>> Yes. Nice that Jon replied in the meanwhile and clarified the undefined behavior issue: for the time being I think we can keep the __cplusplus checks, should also help during this testing period. We can certainly clean up the thing later. Maybe you could add a comment somewhere summarizing what Jon wrote.
> for the moment, I've installed the patch as is. It's probably better to
> add some statement along those lines to user docs (and mention the
> change in gcc-4.7/changes.html :-)
Ok.
> Btw., I just noticed the following in Oracle Studio 12.3 Beta CC(1):
>
> -features=a
> Enables/disables various C++ language features.
>
> The following table lists the -features suboption key-
> words and their meanings. The prefix no% applied to a
> suboption disables that suboption.
>
> Value Meaning
> [...]
> cplusplus_redef
> Allow the normally pre-defined macro __cplusplus
> to be redefined by a -D option on the command
> line. Attempting to redefine __cplusplus with a
> #define directive in source code is not allowed.
>
> Example:
> CC -features=cplusplus_redef -D__cplusplus=1 ...
>
> The g++ compiler typically predefines the
> __cplusplus macro to 1, and source code might
> depend on this non-standard value. (The standard
> value is 199711L for compilers implementing the
> 1998 C++ standard or the 2003 update. Future stan-
> dards will require a larger value for the macro.)
>
> Do not use this option unless you need to redefine
> __cplusplus to 1 in order to compile code intended
> for g++.
Interesting. I suppose you are going to inform the SunStudio engineer
that some of the above has to be adjusted for gcc 4.7+ (otherwise,
please let me know, I can probably do it via Stephen Clamage)
Thanks,
Paolo.
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list