debug algorithms

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Mon Sep 6 20:31:00 GMT 2010

On 09/06/2010 09:44 PM, François Dumont wrote:
>   IMHO, even if this patch has a lot of impact on the code, it is 100%
> compatible with existing user code
If you are changing _Safe_iterator, like this:

-  template<typename _Iterator, typename _Sequence>
+  template<typename _Sequence, bool _IsConst>
     class _Safe_iterator;

then certainly it is not: two different objects, one built with the old
headers and one with the new headers and passing around an iterator
cannot be linked together. I warn you these headers are tricky, we
really want to be 100% sure we are not breaking anything for 4.6.0, in
the various modes and without penalizing performance (eg, make sure the
fill and copy for deque::iterator are still used in normal mode, etc).

If you want my advice, let's first make sure we have a working debug
mode for forward_list in 4.6.0, and let's give the algorithms *more*
thought.