debug mode performance patch

François Dumont francois.cppdevs@free.fr
Thu Nov 18 21:19:00 GMT 2010

On 11/16/2010 10:42 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll come as soon as possible to the substance of the work
>

>>     Just in case you agree to apply the patch there are new files in it, especially the safe_sequence.tcc one. Has it to be added in some files ? I ask because to run tests I had to manually create a link to this file in x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/debug. Will it be generated automatically once commited ?
>>
> If you add an header you also add it to the Makefile.am in the include/ subdirectory and then run 'autoreconf' from the library root (make sure to use for that the autoconf and automake tools of the exact required version, 2.64 and 1.11.1, please double check).  Then everything will work normally.
>
> Paolo
My Linux distrib is coming with autoconf 2.65. I try to run autoreconf
and an assertion in the build scripts told me that the version is wrong
like you said. However, I simply try to rebuild the lib and it works
fine. Sorry about my limited knowledge of the libstdc++ build system, is
there anything interesting to read about that ? Is it safe to submit the
patch like that again or running reconfigure is mandatory ?

François